.....It's raining, it's raining, it's raaaaiining!
Yes, indeed, it is raining extremely cats and dogs types. Sunday night, of course, and suddenly the weekend is already over - which tends to happen when you work alternate Saturdays and consequently get only Sunday off.
So remarkably inadequate.
So, moving on from there, life is trundling on. Have set up pretty decently in the new house, it's been over a month here now. Our new office is a great place, very colorful and full of light. It's almost worthwhile going there on Saturdays, too. Ha ha!
Damn it, I thought I had so much to write about but suddenly I've forgotten everything, so let me just go with what's been happening at our gym.
* Almost all the machines have stopped working ( and not because of anything I did). The only thing functional currently is the Upen Patel lookalike (sort of) instructor and the other dumb-bells.
* I still valiantly go there almost every day, and Vijay joins me once in four days. The gym instructor keeps asking 'Where's Vijay? Where's Vijay?', sounding exactly like all the members of my family who rarely get to see him. I don't know why he develops such a fan base. Anyway, the gym instructor, let's call him Ajay ( because that's his name) recently rationalized to himself 'Haan, unka to office hoga na...dikkat ho jaati hai phir...'. When I tartly retorted that I work too and leave for office exactly when he does, he expressed as much shock as he had when I informed him that I work out regularly. I really don't like him very much.
* The few times that Vijay comes along, I keep seeing him just admiring himself in the mirror. When he does deign to work out on with some weights, he follows it up with all sorts of oooohs and aaaahs and 'budhapa aa gaya's. To pass the time in between, he fools around by doing things like pretending to run behind me and slowly overtaking me while I'm on the treadmill, passing me with a gleeful grin.
* Ajay doesn't seem to appreciate our clowning around. Especially things like when I was cycling on the exercycle and Vijay came and sat on a much lower cycling machine right next to me, and we looked at each other and raised our hands way up in the air and started singing 'Yehhh dosti.....hum nahiiii chhodenge...'
* The last time Vijay was on the exercycle, I decided to try his own silly line on him. I sauntered up to him and asked 'Kahan pahunche, Bhai?', but he just smoothly answered 'Ajmeri Gate'. I stood there thinking of a suitable reply but Ajay came up and started mocking me for spending only 3 minutes on the stepping machine and sent me off to do something else.
* It's very distracting when you're trying to work out and your six foot tall husband has positioned himself so that only you can see him in the mirror and starts dancing to the dhinchak-dhinchak music playing in the gym.
And on a not totally unrelated note, have you also been traumatized by Himmesh and Urmila in 'tan-tannanana-tandoori nights?'
You gym sounds so much more fun than mine!!!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good god!! Your husband is SO entertaining!!! How's Peanut been?? bet she doesn't have to ask where her papa is! :DReplyDelete
i would have NEVER thought gym stories can make one laugh so much!!! :D
we like Vijay and his biwi!! :D
What fun! I think you and Vijay could even make a phone book highly entertaining:)ReplyDelete
How's darling Peanut?
Looks like your experiences at the gym are better than mine. Mine is like The Hollow Chamber of Gloom.ReplyDelete
Okay I didnt get the Ajmeri Gate wala joke. but the rest LOL
Lolz too good..and talk abt Karzzzzzz...why why why is the question i can repeatedly ask !ReplyDelete
Y...this is funny! Please post regularly and we do need some peanut updates.ReplyDelete
Tageed Ya ! LOl. And there is no escape. Come check.ReplyDelete
LOL! I'm surprised anyone at your gym gets anything done!ReplyDelete