First of all, many thanks to you, kind Phoenix. It worked, the image verification thing. No more spammy comments. Yayyy!
And now, some simple notes:
* My husband is taking some time off from work and using it productively to teach Peanut many new things. Such as:
- (On Christmas Day) So Peanut...do you know where Santa lives?
I am very impressed that he is teaching her about festivals - a little cultural background is being constructed.
He continues: He lives in LUDHIANA...Ha ha ha...Santa Singh, right? Ha ha ha ha ...
( Is joined in his cackling laughter by little Peanut, who covers her face, and laughs along, even slaps her knee as if it's the best joke in the world. Little pretender. Encouraging him, for no reason).
- He's taught her all sorts of phrases - including 'Arrey Yaar', which he thinks is very cute ( I don't agree); and some weird dances too ( Hum tum jeet gaye, dushman haar gaye - wherein they both hop around in a circle like a pair of monkeys).
Peanut gets her own back, occasionally -
- She pretends to have food in her mouth long after it's disappeared, and mumbles 'Mu mein hai'. Flummoxing the father, and delaying his attempts to get food into her. On the other hand, when she's eating something he likes, like Makhana and he asks for it, she peers into his face and announces Aapke Mu Mein Hai, and continues to stuff her own face and chomp away.
- She likes to do everything herself, that is, Aapi Aapi. And when Vijay is trying to distract her from watching Ceebeebies by getting her interested in her jigsaw puzzles, and says Hey Peanut, let's do this! Her response is 'Dada, aapi aapi karo', after which she turns away from a sputtering Vijay and goes right back to the telly.
And me? In all this, I am being sidelined as he spends all his time with her filling her ears against me. In the mornings, I am summarily told 'Mama offish jao, jaldi jaldi'.
Good work, Vijay.
my husband has the baby hooked on Jingle Balley..and taught him to raise one finger in the air. The (Punjabi)Empire does strike back!!ReplyDelete
Hehe, lovely little Peanut. Funny Funny Vijay. Yay.ReplyDelete
Happy New Year, all.
So image verification for spam comments, eh? I must try it also.ReplyDelete
Happy holidays to all of you. Bombay and its inmates continue to miss you much. Come for a holiday?
thanks for the laughs!! peanut is one smart cookie!! and Vijay never disappoints! hehe