So, Parul and Inexplicably both tagged me to write about the 5 things that I love about being a Mom. I'm going to keep this one short, and I won't be tagging anyone else about it, if that's okay with you guys, mostly because I'm usually so late on these things that all the other mommy bloggers I know have already done the tag about six posts ago :-).
But here goes, since you asked. The five big reasons why I love being a mom, in no particular order:
1. Having the cutest, most lovable person in the world to cuddle up with at the end of the day, no matter what.
2. Having someone around who can always lift my modd, and make me laugh by simply making a funny face, or nonchalantly farting at all the right moments, dozens of other things.
3. Rediscovering the best things in the world again - including the little ladybird in the grass, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, ice-cream, and many other things.
4. Having my own personal entertainer. Being her own personal entertainer. It's all very entertaining. Except when it's not, which is usually when she decides 'It's 4 a.m. Time to wake up and have some fun with Mama!'.
5. The knowledge that you can really change for the better. I've been a blissfully ignorant child, a clueless moody teenager, an overly competitive performance-oriented career woman - and I think I'm far more balanced overall, and certainly quite happy. Part of it is the effect of the pregnancy and postpartum hormones wearing off ; but part is a very conscious effort to be the kind of mom that Peanut could be proud of. Well, right now she would still be proud of me even if my chosen profession was that of Axe Murderer, but eventually, she will grow up and know better, and for that future Peanut, I paraphrase Jack Nicholson from As Good As It Gets and say 'She makes me want to be a better person' .
And that's it! Yay, I did it! Completed a post in one go!
Okay, Peanut is clawing at my face now. Bye.
Terrific entertaining reasons, Y!ReplyDelete
Thanks for doing this, Y. I tried calling you the other day...nothing important...just.ReplyDelete
very sweet, Y :)ReplyDelete
very nice..such a readable blog and full of good sense.ReplyDelete
You are tagged, Y.ReplyDelete
Absolutely with you on the makes me want to be a better person. Hug the peanut for me will ya!ReplyDelete
very nice :)ReplyDelete
very nice :)ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete